Frequently Asked Questions

I’ve never had a tattoo, how do i go about getting one?

-Get inspired. Buy tattoo magazines, look at what other people have had done that’s caught your eye, search on the internet, look in books then bring us any ideas you have & we can help you decide.

-Tattoos are not cheap and can range from £25 to hundreds (even thousands) of pounds. We will give you an exact price when we’ve spoken to you face to face and have all your artwork correctly sized. We will not barter over the price.

-To make an appointment you leave an agreed deposit which will be knocked off the total price of your tattoo on the day. We do not make appointments over the phone.

-The night before your tattoo make sure you have a good sleep (no partying!) and have a good breakfast/ dinner before coming in as this will give you energy to deal with the discomfort of having the tattoo applied. Bring a nutritious beverage and/or snack as these will also help.

Does it hurt?

-Yes. Man up.

Do you do piercings?

-No, just tattoos.

How do I get a tattoo priced up?

-Again, come into the shop with any ideas you have. We will not give prices over the phone or via email.

Can I have an apprenticeship?

-Nowadays, to learn to tattoo, it is essential to serve an apprenticeship at a reputable studio. To acheive this you must have a solid portfolio of your own artwork & an extremely high work ethic. DO NOT buy “tattooing kits” which incule DVD’s claiming to teach you everything you need to know about tattooing- they wont. You will end up damaging your own skin and, more importantly, other people’s. No tattoo studio will take you seriously if you’ve bought a kit and “practiced on your dad”.

Unfortunately we have no space for an apprentice at Rob’s Tattoo Studio, nor will we let anyone come in to “watch and see how it’s done”, but if you’d like to bring your portfolio in for our opinion you’re welcome to. Please be prepared for constructive criticism.

35 Responses to Frequently Asked Questions

1. Anonymous on August 11, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Can you pay for a tattoo on a credit card?

• Ismail on October 30, 2012 at 5:24 am

In short, tattoo’s canont be on the head, face or neck, canont represent extremist groups, and canont be racist or sexist. You need to read AR 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia. Scroll down to page 5, paragraph 1-8, and see section e which I have outlined part of below.1–8. Hair and fingernail standards and grooming policiese. Tattoo Policy(1) Tattoos or brands anywhere on the head, face, and neck above the class A uniform collar are prohibited.(2) Tattoos or brands that are extremist, indecent, sexist, or racist are prohibited, regardless of location on the body, as they are prejudicial to good order and discipline within units.

2. Riley on August 13, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Is there any parking near the studio. On the photo I can see the shop is on double yellow lines.

• Pavle on October 28, 2012 at 8:51 pm

(this was posted on my cnaucn blog, by me, to AMoney, who I’m sure you guys have all seen because she won’t stop posting the link to her crap ass retard blog on my fucking blog. a0So I’m reposting it just to be sure she knows)a0YO AMONEYa01.) Stop fucking posting your blog on my blog.2.) Your blog is fucking terrible.3.) Don’t say your blog has real writing, your blog has brain drivel like every other fucking blog in the world. a0None of us are fucking writers, Charles Dickens was a writer, who the fuck are you kidding.4.) Don’t point out that your blog “focuses on real topics and not the blogger themselves” and then post fucking stories about your husband/mother-in-law/babies/videos of yourself/your life. a0And while we’re on the topic your videos have like a 5 second audio delay making them unbearable to watch as if the fact that your face in them wasn’t enough. a0I never had anything personal against your face until you emailed me your blog 100 fucking times.5.) Don’t email me to read your blog again. a0I already fucking read it. a0I don’t like it.7.) If you post your fucking blog on my blog or email me to read your blog again you will officially be the first and only person I have ever banned from Stoollala. a0Maybe if it was a good blog I wouldn’t care but it is literally horse shit. a0There are middle school kids who have more entertaining and engaging tumblr accounts than you do. a0Maybe you should try spamming their sites.8.) Should this result in an internet fight, the likes of which have not been seen since Lindsay Suckscock and Stay Classy girl, good luck finding a new job with your new google search results.a0This is your official warning, I’m assuming you’ve read it because you love to troll the fucking comments section per usual.

• Egor on January 29, 2013 at 3:30 am

Re: Lemme see!yeah, lots of people do, but I just don’t pooahgrtph well.I will have to think about the tattoo, I don’t want something trendy and I don’t want to look like a hippie trancer (thank you Xylaix). I don’t even know if I want one, but I do know that if I decide to get one I want it to be in conjunction with an event so that I will have a reason to want it and a memory to associate with it. It may be silly, but I want it to be special somehow.Piercing I don’t know what the hell I would pierce. It just sounded good. Three ear piercings already, not much else I would consider piercing. I can’t really see the point in most piercing, except for the adrenaline rush. I like my ears pierced, but then again, I also like jewelry, so I get to be decorated.

3. David on October 28, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Reason to fail CNA exam for change of piostion could be moving patient to close to edge of the bed, the knees or ankles touching each other, not rolling an tucking to pillow behind the back, raising the bed at the end or not lowering it in the beginning.The side rails are not a standard in the exams but if they are there then you must raise them in the end before leaving the patient.without seeing her results im not sure what failed her but anything that is considered unsafe is failing

• Tester on January 29, 2013 at 1:55 am

Hey Guys! Im the girl that came in and got LOVE on one wrist and FAITH on the other! lol. Just wanted to thank you John for doing such azimng work! I havent seen script this fine-line and fancy since I moved here from Cali!!! My husband will be coming in for tattoo when he gets back!

4. Ally on October 28, 2012 at 9:59 pm

I have many piercings but I have no exierpence when it comes to tattoos, which is why I did plenty of research. So please don’t take my word alone on this. I’d say if it hurts and itches after only 2 days thats not a good sign(when ur tatt starts to scab is when the itching would occur). and washing 3 times a day is probably one of the top 5 things you should NOT do. ur keeping the area wet too often which doesn’t give u time ti heal. Seek professional advice from another tattoo artist. Luck.

• Ako on January 29, 2013 at 3:48 am

Hironobu Sakaguchi is a legend. I wenodr how the FF branding will hold up, now that he’s no longer with Square-Enix. Mind you, he did Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, both excellent games.

• Sonu on January 30, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Theres no doubt that you’re talented (unlike most arstit of that times). I like shadings, colors and lines (done in a way thats shows sweetest perfection).Btw have you ever thought about book illustate? You should try

5. Ahmad on October 30, 2012 at 6:55 am

hopefully that tat isn’t the real deal most Maori and Samoan people frown on ouedsitrs doing real tribal tats because the tats are spiritual and tell a family history. It is really disrespectful to their culture its kind of like a white guy wearing black face. But there are some symbols and designs that can be used without offense.