Frequently Asked Questions

I’ve never had a tattoo, how do i go about getting one?

-Get inspired. Buy tattoo magazines, look at what other people have had done that’s caught your eye, search on the internet, look in books then bring us any ideas you have & we can help you decide.

-Tattoos are not cheap and can range from £25 to hundreds (even thousands) of pounds. We will give you an exact price when we’ve spoken to you face to face and have all your artwork correctly sized. We will not barter over the price.

-To make an appointment you leave an agreed deposit which will be knocked off the total price of your tattoo on the day. We do not make appointments over the phone.

-The night before your tattoo make sure you have a good sleep (no partying!) and have a good breakfast/ dinner before coming in as this will give you energy to deal with the discomfort of having the tattoo applied. Bring a nutritious beverage and/or snack as these will also help.

Does it hurt?

-Yes. Man up.

Do you do piercings?

-No, just tattoos.

How do I get a tattoo priced up?

-Again, come into the shop with any ideas you have. We will not give prices over the phone or via email.

Can I have an apprenticeship?

-Nowadays, to learn to tattoo, it is essential to serve an apprenticeship at a reputable studio. To acheive this you must have a solid portfolio of your own artwork & an extremely high work ethic. DO NOT buy “tattooing kits” which incule DVD’s claiming to teach you everything you need to know about tattooing- they wont. You will end up damaging your own skin and, more importantly, other people’s. No tattoo studio will take you seriously if you’ve bought a kit and “practiced on your dad”.

Unfortunately we have no space for an apprentice at Rob’s Tattoo Studio, nor will we let anyone come in to “watch and see how it’s done”, but if you’d like to bring your portfolio in for our opinion you’re welcome to. Please be prepared for constructive criticism.

35 Responses to Frequently Asked Questions

1. Anonymous on April 28, 2012 at 4:03 pm

how old do you have to be to get a tattoo even with a parent with you?

• Anonymous on June 29, 2012 at 12:13 pm

18.

• Jarnel on August 13, 2012 at 8:58 pm

@19RipMyHeartOut93 you are both missing the point ,, they claim to make you an emalpxe of what a piece will look like before you get it , so they are all supposed to be fake but half of them are not , i know because i know who did many of them

• Tabita on October 28, 2012 at 10:15 am

This is a black light ttatoo. You can go to your local ttatoo artist and see if they have this type of ink. Its an ink that glows under black lights. Some older black light ink was poisonous, but I believe they have fixed this problem. The actual ttatoo isn’t visible until you put a black light over it. If the ink is of lower quality, then you would actually see a brown’ color around the ttatoo and therefore wouldn’t be invisible.

• Milani on October 30, 2012 at 5:30 am

I’ve been to the shop, got a tattoo. It’s an asweome place to see. Wall to wall people, customers as well as people just wanting to see the shop. This place is by far the cleanest tattoo shop I have ever been too. I flew in from Phila PA and would go back in a heart beat for another.

2. ali on July 17, 2012 at 11:23 pm

do you do walk ins?

• robstudioadmin on July 21, 2012 at 12:46 pm

• Ali on August 16, 2012 at 2:51 am

No it’s a great idea to let your tattoo aritst custom draw something for you. You will have to tell him an idea of what you want or what you want and then he will draw it up for you. Custom artwork is the best because it was specifically drawn for you and you will be the only one to have that design on your body forever. It’s bad to just pick something on the wall and say tattoo that on me, it shows you have no creativity and just want to get a tattoo to be cool or something.

• Jimena on October 30, 2012 at 6:48 am

inner forearm will be worse for sure becasue that area is where major nerves and arteries run. was it your first tattoo? and how big and detailed was the tattoo : / I want my first tat to be a small one on the back on my neck.

• Alexey on January 28, 2013 at 7:40 am

well i use a almost the same i think this is a good start i think soneomes got to point you in the way and just useing it enough times you’ll see and as a consumer i understand why they show these vids cause most older tattoo artist have there own ideas they wont teach you for like years after takeing all your money and its really that simple and its dead on i.d be willing to try thier wash cause there set ups real and the guy isnt being a billy maze bout it ~thanks guys for posting

3. ... on August 2, 2012 at 6:24 pm

do you always i.d people?

• robstudioadmin on August 4, 2012 at 11:22 am

• Princesita on October 29, 2012 at 1:12 am

Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this iarfomntion. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and web and this is actually frustrating. A good blog with exciting content, that is what I need. Thanks for keeping this site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it.

• Jky on August 16, 2012 at 3:58 am

It is actually beettr to get a custom drawing than one on the wall. But if you don’t have an idea of what you want you probably want to wait.Having a custom drawing makes it unique. I personally don’t like flash are (wall art)If you tell him just draw something up he wont do it.He’ll want an idea, because in 2 years you could not like it anymore.

4. Anonymous on August 6, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Hello,

Are you able to remove tattoos? If yes, what
    method do you use.

Your response would be appreciated.

• Ankit on October 28, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Hey Dani I have shaded it now, I kept it black and grey as clouor won’t look so good on me (my skin gets dark in summer) also like the classic styles. Will put some pics up when it’s fully healed. Thanks for swinging by my blog and leaving a comment!

5. Anonymous on August 9, 2012 at 9:56 am

Do you do white ink tattoos?